Our commitment to the Palladio Foundation : acting for building the City of tomorrow
Kardham has been a sponsor of the Palladio Foundation since 2017. Find out about the actions undertaken thanks to our support.
In 2019, thanks to our support, the Palladio Foundation continued its actions in favor of:
- Students and future professionals, allowing them to discover the universe of the City’s factory and their future professional.
- Leaders and future leaders, with the 8th annual cycle of the Palladio Institute, sponsored by Valérie Pécresse, President of the Ile-de-France Region, on the theme "Exchanging innovative goods and services in the city of tomorrow".
The Palladio Foundation was created in 2008, under the aegis of the Fondation de France, around the major challenge of the 21st century: the construction of the City and places of life. With its mission of general interest, it is a unique place that mobilizes and brings together all sectors and professions concerned with real estate and urban issues (development, architecture, insurance, banking, construction, energy, environment, real estate, engineering, logistics, digital , transport, town planning, etc.), public authorities, associations, researchers and the media. To make the City more human, livable, sustainable, inclusive and creator of values, the Palladio Foundation intervenes directly with the actors who make or will make the City, by creating the support tools necessary for collective commitment (University of the City of Tomorrow), taking a step back (Palladio Institute), preparing relays (Pôle Avenir Palladio) and anticipation (Palladio innovation-research connector). By crossing the eyes of economic and political decision-makers, managers and experts, students and professions, doctoral students and operational staff, each action of the Foundation contributes to fueling a process of questioning, openness and mutual enrichment. The Foundation wants to create the conditions so that each player in real estate and in the city is even more able to respond to the major challenges of today and tomorrow (be they economic, environmental, social or societal).
In 2019, thanks to the support of Kardham, the Palladio Foundation continued its actions in favor of:
- Students and future professionals, allowing them to discover the universe of the City's fabric and their future professional: organization of the 8th “Forum of Real Estate and City Professions” and of the 11th “Back to School Palladio” , publications of the 3rd edition of the “Real Estate and Urban Employment Monitor” and of the economic component of the 4th edition (produced with EY and Business Immo), and continued sponsorship of the Training Area of the SIMI professional fair. The Foundation, via the Pôle Avenir Palladio, also continued its support policy by organizing its 10th campaign of "Palladio Scholarships" with the granting of 16 scholarships to doctoral and post-doctoral students for the realization of their research project.
- Leaders and future leaders, with the 8th annual cycle of the Palladio Institute, sponsored by Valérie Pécresse, President of the Ile-de-France Region, on the theme "Exchanging innovative goods and services in the city of tomorrow". The 2019 Proceedings, the fruit of the work, exchanges and reflections of the cycle and its 32 director-auditors, were published in November 2019, thus completing the collection created in 2012. The 2020 cycle will be sponsored by Bernard Cazeneuve, former Premier Minister and former Mayor of Cherbourg-Octeville and will focus on "The City of tomorrow in the service of knowledge".
2019 was also marked by:
- The launch of the University of the City of Tomorrow, a unique annual meeting to bring together the actors of the City - economic and political decision-makers, researchers, representatives of civil society and the media - who bear common responsibility and bring out the solutions of tomorrow. This new tool is developed with La Fabrique de la Cité, and in partnership with the Montaigne Institute.
- The launch of the Palladio Innovation-Research Connector, a social network in real life and an open community to encourage dialogue and target the development of common paths between academic research and business research (R&D, innovation and prospective).
- Strengthening the governance of the Palladio Foundation, with the appointment of two vice-presidents: Méka Brunel, director and general manager of Gecina and Thierry Laroue-Pont, chairman of the executive board of BNP Paribas Real Estate.